zimmerlin GmbH was founded in 1966 by Heinrich Zimmerlin. The company started with the prodiction of fittings, valves and pipework in winer cellars. Actually we are one of the worldwide leading manufacturer of Manholecovers from stainless-steel.
History of zimmerlin
History of zimmerlin
First movement into the new plant with four employees
Production of stainless steel equipment for vessel manufacturer and pipework in wine cellars.
Production of the first oval manhole covers.
First pressureless dome covers
Production of the first round, pressureless covers.
First pressure covers
Production of the first pressure covers
2nd movemant into a new plant with ten employees
Production of stainless steel covers
Enlagement of the plant
2nd enlargement of the plant
New settlement in the industrial area "Frohmatten"
Complete new settlement in the industrial area "Frohmatten" in Bötzingen. The production area was increased about 3 times. In 2002 we engaged abou 50 employees.
Actually we occupy 90 employees.
zimmerlin GmbH has HP0 approval and a Quality Control System acc. ASME VIII-1.
Expertise all the way
Individualized finishing and customization of our products are our daily bread. We have designed our finishing processes to be flexible but nevertheless to be highly productive. By using state-of-the-art finishing machines we have the option to customize all our products to your requirements quickly and to high quality standards.
Our finishing options ...
… in the field of machining
- CNC lathe machines up to Ø 1600 mm turning diameter, partly with powered tools and/or double spindle
- 3, 4 and 5 axle processing centers
… in the field of remodeling
- Three and four roller round bending machines, maximum length: 2000 mm
- Cone bending machine up to a shank length of maximum 1000 mm
- CNC driven folding machine
- Three roller bending machines for the manufacture of our flange rings
… in the field of separating
- Laser cutting system for large metal sheets up to 12mm thickness
- Metal sheet cutter for large metal sheets up to 10 mm thickness
… in the field of welding
- Flash butt welding machine up to a diameter of 1200 mm²
- 3 UP welding systems for welding round and long seams
- Plasma welding machine up to 2000mm length and metal sheet thickness of 16mm
- Welding machine for TIG hand welding
… in the field of testing / quality control
- Spectral analysis unit for the control of incoming goods
- Digital x-ray system to check welding seams
- Dye penetrant testing
- Ultrasound instrument to measure wall thickness
- Ferrite test with Fischer ferrite-scope
- Surface roughness measuring
- Level 2 tester in the areas of PT and DR
- Level 3 in the area of RT